Content marketing is crucial for businesses because it allows us to build trust with our audience, connect with customers, improve conversions and generate more leads. A robust content marketing strategy can become our tool to achieve long-term success in the business industry.
Any content marketing strategy will improve when we utilize Artificial Intelligence or AI. Technology has improved everyone’s lives and, as marketers or business owners, we should use it to crafting the best content marketing strategies.
What Is Artificial Intelligence?
There are many definitions for artificial intelligence but, in business, it’s usually described as the machines that copy or mimic cognitive functions. These functions are associated with human minds, namely problem-solving and learning.
Artificial intelligence can also refer to the automation of certain activities, such as decision-making, forecasting, and communicating. “Automation” means streamlining tasks and replacing mental or physical labor using machines.
More and more businesses are using marketing automation as part of their content marketing strategy. There are tons of reasons why we should do the same. Statistics show that marketing automation reduces marketing overhead by up to 12% and drives a 14% increase in sales productivity.
3 Ways AI Marketing Tools Are Changing Content Marketing
AI marketing leverages the use of AI concepts and models and changes how businesses create and implement content marketing strategies. Even small businesses are embracing AI marketing as it can help them save money and increase profitability.
As the digital world continues to expand, there’s no doubt that AI marketing will change the game of content marketing. Due to its cost-effectivity, we can expect to see a surge of businesses infusing AI marketing into their content marketing strategies.
1. Quick Content Generation
Content marketing is a powerful marketing tool because it helps us provide reliable and accurate answers to any of our audience’s questions. When we provide high-quality content to our audience, it’ll be easier for them to trust our brand and eventually buy from us.
However, since managing a business requires a lot of time and effort, consistently creating high-quality content can become an issue. How can we publish fresh content every week or month if we don’t know how to research? How can our audience trust our brand if our content isn’t visible on the Search Engines Results Pages or SERPs?
AI marketing tools work as machines that can pull data and analytics and consolidate them into content, namely blogs and articles. This will save time from no longer manually researching topics and finding reports or statistics that can support our claims.
AI marketing tools can also perform various content optimization tasks, namely:
- Content research: AI can analyze Google analytics and trends to determine which types of content appeal the most to our target audience.
- Content suggestions and recommendations: With the reports from Google Analytics, AI can recommend content ideas based on the trending topics.
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO: AI can recommend strategies to improve the SEO ranking of our content. By using AI, we can determine the optimum length of content on specific topics and learn how to use keywords and Latent Semantic Indexing or LSI keywords correctly.
2. Interacting With Audience 24/7 Using Chatbots
Our audience will ask a lot of questions before they patronize our brand. They might have heard about our brand from different sources and would like to know more about us by asking questions.
However, our workforce often follows a specific working schedule, we might not be able to respond immediately once our audience sends us questions during weekends or in the early hours of the morning. This can frustrate our audience and encourage them to buy from our competitors.
Another way that AI marketing tools are changing the game of content marketing is through chatbots. Generally, chatbots are software applications that simulate conversation with humans over the internet. AI fuels chatbots to mimic real-life conversations, making our audience feel as if they’re conversing with another human being.
By using AI, our chatbots can provide accurate and quick answers to our audience’s questions regardless of when they send them. Chatbots can also guide our customers throughout their buying journey to ensure that their experience in our online platform is hassle-free.
Chatbots use AI to assist customers in different ways, namely:
- Using contextual information: Chatbots usually start a conversation with generic greetings, but after that, everything is tailored-fit based on the audience’s Google search and activities on landing pages. For example, if a user checks various pages on our website about a specific service, the chatbot can infer that that person is interested in that service. With this, the chatbot can provide information about that service when responding to the user.
- Routes inquiries to the appropriate people: Chatbots can quickly assess the need behind every user’s request as they can “understand” what information they're looking for. Using this information, chatbots can determine which of our agents should handle that ticket. For instance, if a user’s inquiry is simple, the chatbot can assign the conversation to a new member of our support team. If the inquiry requires an expert, the chatbot will assign the conversation to an agent who has in-depth knowledge of that specific topic.
- Offers pre-emptive support: AI-powered chatbots learn from customer interactions and pick up patterns in their behavior online. As they do this, chatbots can anticipate potential issues and proactively address these before they can cause problems for users. For example, if chatbots pick up the fact that users ask questions about a specific product feature for four consecutive days, they will begin the conversations with information about that feature. In this way, customers are provided the information they’re looking for before they even start to ask.
3. Custom Feed Algorithms
For our content marketing strategy to succeed, we need to know what our audience’s interests are. Creating a well-researched blog about pet care as part of our email marketing strategy will be useless if our audience is looking for information about home improvement.
AI marketing tools can help us create content that interests our audience because they can track and analyze our audience’s online activity. This information enables us to generate blogs, articles, and other forms of content that our audience will likely engage with.
With custom feed algorithms, we can analyze what type of content our audience is looking for on social media. This will allow us to save time and effort by not creating content that doesn’t appeal to our audience, giving us more resources to create content that suits the needs or wants of our audience.
Take Facebook, for example. This online platform will require users to select things they’re interested in when they create a profile. Over time, users will also like and follow several pages that they find interesting.
With custom feed algorithms, we can advertise our products and services to users who showed interest in our brand in the past. If our business sells pet products, then our ads will only be seen in the news feed of users who liked photos and videos of pets. Since we have something the users are looking for, we’ll have a better chance of converting them into our customers.
In short, custom feed algorithms bring custom content to users’ social feeds.
AI Serves as a Smart Investment for Businesses
We can experience countless benefits when we maximize AI marketing tools and use them to fuel our content marketing strategies. Aside from improving our marketing strategies, AI can also help us save money from paying excessive overhead costs in the long run.
To learn more about different AI Marketing Tools, check out this article where we cover 88 tools to use for AI Marketing.